Friday, September 02, 2005

Not so fast Reverend Jackson...

I am willing to deviate from my original purposes of starting a blog. I started Capitalism's Truths to teach Capitalism and teach it in a very fun manner. Capitalism isn't political any more than hard work and a paycheck are political, but in the wake of hurricane Katrina people like Rev. Jesse Jackson are exploiting poor people to advance their own personal anti-capitalist agenda. I don't have the power of a nation wide printing press, but damn if I'm going to let no-good- intentioned people put their ideas forth with no challenge. Look at this quote from the Rev.:

"Many black people feel that their race, their property conditions and their voting patterns have been a factor in the response....I'm not saying that myself, but what's self-evident is that you have many poor people without a way out." -- Rev. Jesse Jackson (from Michael Moore's website)

First of all, (Sharpton's favorite opening phrase) people like Rev. Jackson have for years stood for taking private property away from citizens who are "undeserving"(rich) and giving it to people "deserving"(poor). And he insults poor people by saying they haven't a "way out"; if there is a tiny fraction of truth in that statement, it is because of the Jesse Jackson's of the world that poverty is glorified in urban America today. No Jesse, you won't get away with your lies in my territory.



Jesse Jackson