Saturday, May 21, 2005

Close enough to perfect for me,

Capitalism isn't perfect. But then again, nothing on this earth is meant to be perfect. Capitalism does happen to be the closest we can come to a perfect economic system on earth. We all have general wants to be met; we also realize that there are limited resources to satisfy everyone's want. So Capitalism comes in and gets the resources to the places they are most needed.

If you have someone you want to marry, they may act angry at times, forgetful sometimes, and downright hateful at times. To the others that don't love that person, such qualities aren't worth putting up with. But if they satisfy your want for companionship, those qualities are a small price to pay. So you say to yourself that your spouse is "close enough to perfect for me!". That's exactly how I feel about Capitalism.


"She kisses me each morning, and smiles a sleepy smile. She doesn't have to say it, I can see it in her eyes. Don't you worry about my woman or what you think she ought to be. She's close enough to perfect for me."- Carl Chambers